This guide is for a single Masternode, on a Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit server (VPS) running headless and will be controlled from the wallet on your local computer (Control wallet). The wallet on the VPS will be referred to as the Remote wallet.
You will need your VPS server details(ip address, user and password) for progressing through this guide.
First the basic requirements:
2500 SSS Coins
A computer running the current version of the SSS core wallet software. This “Control” wallet will hold your 2500 SSS coins needed for your masternode collateral.
Masternode Server (VPS – The computer/node that will be on 24/7)
A unique IP address for your VPS / Remote wallet
For security reasons, you’re are going to need a different IP for each masternode you plan to host
The basic reason to have two different wallets that communicate with each other is so that the “masternode” can stay online, always. This Masternode being on a VPS instance keeps it always online helping run the SSS network in an inexpensive and easy way, and you don’t need to trust your coins to the cloud service hosting that server. You keep your coins safe in your wallet that you control and you don’t have to keep your personal computer with that wallet online.
First of all, make sure that you are running the latest SSSolutions core wallet version. See the SSS website for links to wallet downloads here at https://sssolutions.io/wallet/
1) Create a Masternode using Creation Wizard
First of all, make sure that you have 2500 SSS in your wallet (in fact, 2501 SSS to make sure you are able to cover the transaction fees).
Unlock the wallet.
Go to “Masternodes” tab.
Click “Create Masternode Controller“.
2) Masternode Creation Wizard intro window will open. It just reminds you that you need to have 2500 SSS in your wallet in order to create a Masternode. Just click the “Next” button
3) Now you need to type the Masternode name as per your wish (i.e. “Masternode01”) and then click “Next” button again
4) Now you will be asked to type the IP address of your VPS (it might look similar to “126.96.36.199”), and then click “Next” button again.
5) If everything went successful, you should get a message “Master node created!”.
6) Now you will either see "Missing" or the above. Select the 3 dots, click info.
7) Now click icon next to “Export data to run the Masternode on a remote server“.
8) Now you will get a message that required info was successfully exported (copied to your clipboard) and now you should save this copy.
SSH using Putty/BitVise to your VPS
You should now reside within the home directory of your VPS Server
This will clone the Automated Masternode Install Script and apply the relevant executable permissions
Do you want to install all needed updates and firewall settings (no if you did it before)? [y/n]:
This next step is installing the snapshot for SSS MasternodePress 1 to Install or 2 for Skip
Input "2" for Skip
Start configuring your masternodes...Your recognised IP address is:
Input your VPS IP
Enter masternode private key for this node
Input your Masternode Private Key which was previously exported from the wallet.
cd root/foldername/./sssolutions-cli getinfo./sssolutions-cli getmasternodestatussystemctl status SSSolutionssystemctl restart SSSolutions